Popular Roulette Variations: A Brief Overview
Roulette happens to be one of the earliest casino games currently enjoyed today at both online and conventional gambling establishments. And in keeping with its status as a casino staple, it has evolved into several variants over time providing even more opportunities for its fans to get to enjoy the game while also winning real cash.
As a fan of online casino gaming, you will find that the variants you will encounter may differ depending on the gambling website you tend to be visiting. However, most casinos usually offer popular roulette variations in addition to those less common versions.
In this article, we shall be examining those variants you are most likely to encounter at any casino website you visit.
Variants in this category are more traditional forms of the game which have been played for several decades. They include:
- European Roulette: Considered to be the most popular of all roulette variations, this version consists of a wheel numbered 0 - 36. Wagers which can be placed on it mostly belong to three categories: inside, outside and called bets. One of the most noteworthy facts about this version that it actually comes with a slightly higher probability of winning compared to American Roulette which comes with 38 numbers.
- American Roulette: One of the most widely played roulette variations, it is commonly offered at establishments which cater to players domiciled in the United States. Unlike European Roulette, it not only consists of numbers 0 - 36, but also has a 00 too, raising the number of sections on the wheel used for it to 38. The presence of this extra number in this roulette variation means a slightly lower probability of winning for players.
- French Roulette: This roulette variation is pretty similar to the European version, however, it also involves a set of rules known as 'La Partage' and 'En Prison'. The former ensures that players who place even money bets, will get half their wager back if the ball stops at 0. The latter on the other hand permits them to opt for transferring their wager to the next round rather than choosing to receive half of it, providing them with the opportunity to wager again.
Versions in this category are relatively recent compared to classic roulette variations as they came into being as a result of the invention of the online casino sector. Common examples in this category include:
- Multi-wheel roulette: A roulette variation which is based on the same rules of the European variant, this version's main distinguishing feature comes from the opportunity provided to players to be able to bet on more than one outcome at a time. The number of wheels they are permitted to bet on generally tends to range between two and eight.
- Mini Roulette: Players who opt for this roulette variation will find a roulette wheel with fewer numbers (just 13, for example). And although this does reduce the house edge, payouts for bets are also reduced as well.
Roulette: A Constantly Evolving Game
The game types mentioned above are by no means exhaustive. Several casino software providers have also created their own variants. And due to the immense popularity of the game, it will continue to evolve in tandem with newer innovations in the online casino industry. As a result, fans of the game will be able to look forward to even more versions being created.